Prince George, Duke of Kent(1902-1942), Naval and air force officer; son of King George V
Sitter in 170 portraits
George, Duke of Kent was the fourth son of King George V; in the navy until 1929, he was serving as a staff officer, Training Command, with the Royal Air Force when killed in an air crash.
by Frederick Ralph
albumen print, 1903
by Dorothy Wilding
chlorobromide print on tissue and card mount, 1934
by Anthony Wysard
pencil and gouache with paper collage, 1936
by William Edwin Sorrell, published by Rotary Photographic Co Ltd
bromide postcard print, 1905
published by J. Beagles & Co
bromide postcard print, circa 1906
bromide print, 1909
- Queen Alexandra (grandmother)
- Princess Alexandra, Lady Ogilvy (daughter)
- King Edward VII (grandfather)
- Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor (King Edward VIII) (brother)
- King George V (father)
- King George VI (brother)
- Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester (brother)
- Prince John (brother)
- Prince Edward George Nicholas Paul Patrick, Duke of Kent (son)
- Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent (wife)
- Queen Mary (mother)
- Princess Mary, Countess of Harewood (sister)
- Prince Michael of Kent (son)
Tudor and Elizabethan matching pairs
Test your memory by playing our matching pairs game. Three levels of difficulty make it fun for the whole family.
Regency familiar faces
Rearrange tiles to uncover sitters from the Gallery's Collection by playing our puzzle game.
Who do you think you were?
Answer a few lifestyle questions about the Elizabethan period and discover your inner Elizabethan!