Sir Sacheverell Sitwell, 6th Bt(1897-1988), Poet and writer
Sitter in 19 portraits
Poet and writer on art and architecture; brother of Dame Edith and Sir Osbert Sitwell; works include Southern Baroque Art (1924), influential in reviving interest in Baroque architecture; lives of Scarlatti and Liszt; wide-ranging cultural and botanical publications; Collected Poems (1936).
by Cecil Beaton
vintage bromide print, 1927
by Fox Photos Ltd
modern bromide print, 1929
by Francis Goodman
2 1/4 inch square film negative, 1958
by Unknown photographer
modern bromide print, 9 October 1962
by Robert Stewart Sherriffs
- William Henry Forester Denison, 1st Earl of Londesborough (grandfather)
- Edith Frances Wilhelmina (née Somerset), Countess of Londesborough (grandmother)
- Lady Ida Emily Augusta Sitwell (née Denison) (mother)
- Dame Edith Sitwell (sister)
- Francis Trajan Sitwell (son)
- Georgia Sitwell (née Doble) (wife)
- Sir (Francis) Osbert Sacheverell Sitwell, 5th Bt (brother)
- Sir (Sacheverell) Reresby Sitwell, 7th Bt (son)
Make a donation
Support our Make History appeal and help us transform the Gallery.
A unique range of books, accessories and gifts. Every purchase supports the Gallery’s work.
Bring a familiar face home
Refresh your home gallery with a huge selection of custom art prints .