Dame Miriam Louisa Rothschild(1908-2005), Zoologist
Sitter in 2 portraits
Zoologist and parisitologist; co-author of Fleas, Flukes and Cuckoos (1952); in addition to numerous scientific papers, compiled British Museum six-volume catalogue of Rothschild Collection of Fleas (1953-83); elected Fellow of the Royal Society, 1985.
- Victoria Katherine Gray (née Rothschild) (niece)
- Nathaniel Mayer ('Natty') de Rothschild, 1st Baron Rothschild (grandfather)
- (Nathaniel Mayer) Victor Rothschild, 3rd Baron Rothschild (brother)
- Nathaniel Charles Jacob Rothschild, 4th Baron Rothschild (nephew)
- Amschel Mayor James Rothschild (nephew)
- Nathaniel Charles Rothschild (father)
Become a Member
Enjoy access to special events, discounts on the Gallery online shop, supporters’ updates and much more
Bringing people together by sharing the portraits and stories of the men and women who have shaped our nation.
Sign up to receive information on exhibitions, collections and activities of the National Portrait Gallery, including special offers, shop products, and exclusive competitions.