(Wilhelm Augustus) Rudolf Lehmann(1819-1905), Genre and portrait painter
Sitter in 4 portraits
Artist associated with 11 portraits
Rudolf Lehmann was a painter and author born in Hamburg, Germany; he moved to London in 1866. Lehmann wrote two books: An Artist's Reminisces and Men and Women of the Century. His brother Henri Lehmann was also a well-known painter.
by Camille Silvy
albumen print, 21 April 1861
- Elisabeth Benzon (née Lehmann) (sister)
- Amelia Lehmann (née Chambers) (wife)
- (Augustus) Frederick Lehmann (brother)
- Elizabeth Nina Mary Frederica ('Liza') Lehmann (Mrs Bedford) (daughter)
- Rudolph Chambers Lehmann (nephew)
Become a Member
Enjoy access to special events, discounts on the Gallery online shop, supporters’ updates and much more
Bringing people together by sharing the portraits and stories of the men and women who have shaped our nation.
Sign up to receive information on exhibitions, collections and activities of the National Portrait Gallery, including special offers, shop products, and exclusive competitions.