Lavinia Spencer (née Bingham), Countess Spencer(1762-1831), Society hostess; wife of 2nd Earl Spencer
Sitter in 11 portraits
Artist associated with 3 portraits
by Samuel William Reynolds, after Sir Joshua Reynolds
mezzotint, published circa 1820
- Lady Anne Bingham (sister)
- Anne, Lady Bingham (née Vesey) (grandmother)
- Charles Bingham, 1st Earl of Lucan (father)
- Margaret Bingham (née Smith), Countess of Lucan (mother)
- Richard Bingham, 2nd Earl of Lucan (brother)
- George Charles Bingham, 3rd Earl of Lucan (nephew)
- George William Lyttelton, 4th Baron Lyttelton (grandson)
- Sarah Lyttelton (née Spencer), Lady Lyttelton (daughter)
- Hon. Spencer Lyttelton (grandson)
- George John Spencer, 2nd Earl Spencer (husband)
- John Charles Spencer, 3rd Earl Spencer (son)
- Frederick Spencer, 4th Earl Spencer (son)
- John Poyntz Spencer, 5th Earl Spencer (grandson)
- Charles Robert Spencer, 6th Earl Spencer (grandson)
- Lady Sarah Isabella Spencer (granddaughter)
- Sir Robert Cavendish Spencer (son)
Watch our playlist exploring scientific techniques used by the Gallery to unlock the secrets behind our Tudor portraits.
Subjects and themes
Search the collection by themes - from pets to weddings!
Black History Month
Take a tour exploring our Collection created by Alayo Akinkugbe for Black History Month in 2020.
A Picture of Health
Learn about pioneers in medicine, health and social reform from 1840 to 1920.