Lavinia Spencer (née Bingham), Countess Spencer(1762-1831), Society hostess; wife of 2nd Earl Spencer
Sitter in 11 portraits
Artist associated with 3 portraits
by Francesco Bartolozzi, after Lavinia Spencer (née Bingham), Countess Spencer
etching, published 1787
- Lady Anne Bingham (sister)
- Anne, Lady Bingham (née Vesey) (grandmother)
- Charles Bingham, 1st Earl of Lucan (father)
- Margaret Bingham (née Smith), Countess of Lucan (mother)
- Richard Bingham, 2nd Earl of Lucan (brother)
- George Charles Bingham, 3rd Earl of Lucan (nephew)
- George William Lyttelton, 4th Baron Lyttelton (grandson)
- Sarah Lyttelton (née Spencer), Lady Lyttelton (daughter)
- Hon. Spencer Lyttelton (grandson)
- George John Spencer, 2nd Earl Spencer (husband)
- John Charles Spencer, 3rd Earl Spencer (son)
- Frederick Spencer, 4th Earl Spencer (son)
- John Poyntz Spencer, 5th Earl Spencer (grandson)
- Charles Robert Spencer, 6th Earl Spencer (grandson)
- Lady Sarah Isabella Spencer (granddaughter)
- Sir Robert Cavendish Spencer (son)
Tudor and Elizabethan matching pairs
Test your memory by playing our matching pairs game. Three levels of difficulty make it fun for the whole family.
Regency familiar faces
Rearrange tiles to uncover sitters from the Gallery's Collection by playing our puzzle game.
Who do you think you were?
Answer a few lifestyle questions about the Elizabethan period and discover your inner Elizabethan!