Rachel Cavendish (née Russell), Duchess of Devonshire(1674-1725), Wife of 2nd Duke of Devonshire
Sitter in 2 portraits
by Charles Knight, published by J. Deeley, after Thomas Stothard
hand-coloured stipple engraving, published 1 March 1809
- Wriothesley Russell, 2nd Duke of Bedford (brother)
- William Cavendish, 2nd Duke of Devonshire (husband)
- William Cavendish, 3rd Duke of Devonshire (son)
- Rachel Russell (née Wriothesley), Lady Russell (mother)
- William Russell, Lord Russell (father)
- Katherine Manners (née Russell), Duchess of Rutland (sister)
Become a Member
Enjoy access to special events, discounts on the Gallery online shop, supporters’ updates and much more
Bringing people together by sharing the portraits and stories of the men and women who have shaped our nation.
Sign up to receive information on exhibitions, collections and activities of the National Portrait Gallery, including special offers, shop products, and exclusive competitions.