Rachel Cavendish (née Russell), Duchess of Devonshire(1674-1725), Wife of 2nd Duke of Devonshire
Sitter in 2 portraits
by Charles Knight, published by J. Deeley, after Thomas Stothard
hand-coloured stipple engraving, published 1 March 1809
- Wriothesley Russell, 2nd Duke of Bedford (brother)
- William Cavendish, 2nd Duke of Devonshire (husband)
- William Cavendish, 3rd Duke of Devonshire (son)
- Rachel Russell (née Wriothesley), Lady Russell (mother)
- William Russell, Lord Russell (father)
- Katherine Manners (née Russell), Duchess of Rutland (sister)
Visit From Your Armchair
Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize
An online exhibition celebrating the very best in contemporary portrait photography.
Explore our community photography project, which presents a personal record of the UK during lockdown.
Sculptures in 360°
See sculptures and fascinating objects from our Collection from all angles.
David Hockney: Drawing from Life
Watch highlights from our special exhibition, which had to close early in March 2020 due to lockdown.