Caroline (née Vanden-Bempde-Johnstone), Marchioness of Abergavenny(1826-1892), Wife of 1st Marquess of Abergavenny; daughter of Sir John Vanden-Bempde-Johnstone, 2nd Bt
Sitter in 1 portrait
by Camille Silvy
albumen print, 22 May 1861
- William Nevill, 1st Marquess of Abergavenny (husband)
- Henry Gilbert Ralph Nevill, 3rd Marquess of Abergavenny (son)
- Joan Marion (née Nevill), Marchioness of Camden (granddaughter)
- Rose Pepys (née Nevill), Countess of Cottenham (daughter)
- Sir John Vanden Bempde Johnstone, 2nd Bt (father)
- Louisa Augusta (née Harcourt), Lady Vanden-Bempde-Johnstone (mother)
Watch our playlist exploring scientific techniques used by the Gallery to unlock the secrets behind our Tudor portraits.
Subjects and themes
Search the collection by themes - from pets to weddings!
Black History Month
Take a tour exploring our Collection created by Alayo Akinkugbe for Black History Month in 2020.
A Picture of Health
Learn about pioneers in medicine, health and social reform from 1840 to 1920.