Caroline (née Vanden-Bempde-Johnstone), Marchioness of Abergavenny(1826-1892), Wife of 1st Marquess of Abergavenny; daughter of Sir John Vanden-Bempde-Johnstone, 2nd Bt
Sitter in 1 portrait
by Camille Silvy
albumen print, 22 May 1861
- William Nevill, 1st Marquess of Abergavenny (husband)
- Henry Gilbert Ralph Nevill, 3rd Marquess of Abergavenny (son)
- Joan Marion (née Nevill), Marchioness of Camden (granddaughter)
- Rose Pepys (née Nevill), Countess of Cottenham (daughter)
- Sir John Vanden Bempde Johnstone, 2nd Bt (father)
- Louisa Augusta (née Harcourt), Lady Vanden-Bempde-Johnstone (mother)
Become a Member
Enjoy access to special events, discounts on the Gallery online shop, supporters’ updates and much more
Bringing people together by sharing the portraits and stories of the men and women who have shaped our nation.
Sign up to receive information on exhibitions, collections and activities of the National Portrait Gallery, including special offers, shop products, and exclusive competitions.