Sir Spencer Ponsonby-Fane(1824-1915), Cricketer and civil servant
Sir Spencer Cecil Brabazon Ponsonby-Fane (né Ponsonby)
Sitter in 1 portrait
by Sir Leslie Ward
chromolithograph, published in Vanity Fair 26 January 1878
- Frederick Ponsonby, 3rd Earl of Bessborough (grandfather)
- Henrietta Frances ('Harriet') Ponsonby (née Spencer), Countess of Bessborough (grandmother)
- John William Ponsonby, 4th Earl of Bessborough (father)
- John Ponsonby, 5th Earl of Bessborough (brother)
- Frederick George Brabazon Ponsonby, 6th Earl of Bessborough (brother)
- William Ponsonby, 1st Baron de Mauley (uncle)
- Lady Caroline Lamb (aunt)
- Sir Frederic Cavendish Ponsonby (uncle)
- Hon. Gerald Henry Brabazon Ponsonby (brother)
Watch our playlist exploring scientific techniques used by the Gallery to unlock the secrets behind our Tudor portraits.
Subjects and themes
Search the collection by themes - from pets to weddings!
Black History Month
Take a tour exploring our Collection created by Alayo Akinkugbe for Black History Month in 2020.
A Picture of Health
Learn about pioneers in medicine, health and social reform from 1840 to 1920.