Sir Henry Frederick Ponsonby(1825-1895), Army officer and royal courtier
Sitter in 9 portraits
by Théobald Chartran ('T')
chromolithograph, published in Vanity Fair 17 March 1883
- Frederick Ponsonby, 3rd Earl of Bessborough (grandfather)
- Henrietta Frances ('Harriet') Ponsonby (née Spencer), Countess of Bessborough (grandmother)
- John William Ponsonby, 4th Earl of Bessborough (uncle)
- William Ponsonby, 1st Baron de Mauley (uncle)
- Lady Caroline Lamb (aunt)
- Arthur Augustus William Harry Ponsonby, 1st Baron Ponsonby (son)
- Sir Frederic Cavendish Ponsonby (father)
- Frederick John Ponsonby (brother)
- Mary Elizabeth (née Bulteel), Lady Ponsonby (wife)
- Frederick Edward Grey ('Fritz') Ponsonby, 1st Baron Sysonby (son)
Tudor and Elizabethan matching pairs
Test your memory by playing our matching pairs game. Three levels of difficulty make it fun for the whole family.
Regency familiar faces
Rearrange tiles to uncover sitters from the Gallery's Collection by playing our puzzle game.
Who do you think you were?
Answer a few lifestyle questions about the Elizabethan period and discover your inner Elizabethan!