Thomas Gibson Bowles(1842-1922), Politician and founder of Vanity Fair
Sitter in 4 portraits
Thomas Gibson Bowles ('Men of the Day. No. 976. "'An Encyclopaedia - a work containing information on every department, or on a particular department. of knowledge, generally in alphabetical order.' Twentieth Century Dictionary"')
by Sir Leslie Ward
chromolithograph, published in Vanity Fair 19 October 1905
- Deborah Vivien Cavendish (née Freeman-Mitford), Duchess of Devonshire (granddaughter)
- Jessica Lucy Freeman-Mitford (later Treuhaft) (granddaughter)
- Nancy Freeman-Mitford (granddaughter)
- Thomas David Freeman-Mitford (grandson)
- Hon. Unity Valkyrie Freeman-Mitford (granddaughter)
- Thomas Milner Gibson (father)
- Pamela Jackson (née Freeman-Mitford) (granddaughter)
- Diana Mosley (née Freeman-Mitford, later Guinness), Lady Mosley (granddaughter)
- Sydney (née Bowles), Lady Redesdale (daughter)
Read our latest news and have your say.
Identify our Silhouettes
Join enthusiastic contributors who have already identified 155 sitters.
Tell us more about our Silvy sitters
Help us identify the sitters who visited Camille Silvy’s photographic studio during the 1860s.