Lady Antonia Fraser(1932-), Writer
Lady Antonia Fraser (née Pakenham)
Sitter in 18 portraits
Historian, novelist and biographer. Her publications range from scholarly biographies, such as Mary, Queen of Scots (1969) and Marie Antoinette (2001) to detective fiction. She has won many awards, including the Wolfson History prize for The Weaker Vessel (1984), her study of seventeenth-century women. Fraser married the playwright Harold Pinter in 1980. She was awarded the Historical Association's Norton Medlicott Medal for services to history in 2000 and was made Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire in 2011.
by Patrick Lichfield
archival inkjet print, February 1967
by Bassano Ltd
whole-plate film negative, 24 June 1937
- Lady Rachel Mary Billington (née Pakenham) (sister)
- Catherine Rose Billington (niece)
- Nathaniel Kevin Billington (nephew)
- Sir Hugh Charles Patrick Joseph Fraser (husband)
- Natasha Antonia Fraser-Cavassoni (daughter)
- Francis Aungier Pakenham, 7th Earl of Longford (father)
- Elizabeth (née Harman), Countess of Longford (mother)
- Thomas Francis Dermot Pakenham, 8th Earl of Longford (brother)
- Lady Catherine Rose Pakenham (sister)
- Catherine Ruth ('Kate') Pakenham (niece)
- Hon. Kevin John Toussaint Pakenham (brother)
- Hon. Michael Aidan Pakenham (brother)
- Patrick Maurice Pakenham (brother)
- Harold Pinter (husband)
Develop your art skills
Discover our BP Next Generation short films made by artists. Follow step by step guides in drawing and painting techniques.
Hold Still photography workshop
Reflect on your own experiences of lockdown through this easy-to-do from home, photographic exercise.
Draw Like a Renaissance Master
Revisit The Encounter exhibition and learn about Renaissance and Baroque drawing methods and materials.