Charles Stanley, 8th Earl of Derby(1628-1672), Royalist and Mayor of Liverpool
Sitter associated with 14 portraits
- Anne Ker (née Stanley), Countess of Ancram (aunt)
- Lady Amelia-Anna-Sophia (née Stanley), Countess of Athol (sister)
- William Stanley, 6th Earl of Derby (grandfather)
- James Stanley, 7th Earl of Derby (father)
- William George Richard Stanley, 9th Earl of Derby (son)
- James Stanley, 10th Earl of Derby (son)
- Catherine Pierrepont (née Stanley), Marchioness of Dorchester (sister)
- Hon. Charles-Zedemo Stanley (son)
- Charlotte Stanley (née de La Trémoille), Countess of Derby (mother)
- Sir Robert Stanley (uncle)
- Hon. Robert-Thomas Stanley (son)
- Henrietta Maria Wentworth (née Stanley), Countess of Strafford (sister)
- Henrietta Maria (née Stanley), 4th Baroness Strange (granddaughter)
- James Stanley, Lord Strange (grandson)
- Princess Charlotte Brabantine of Orange-Nassau, Duchess of Thouars (grandmother)
Watch our playlist exploring scientific techniques used by the Gallery to unlock the secrets behind our Tudor portraits.
Subjects and themes
Search the collection by themes - from pets to weddings!
Black History Month
Take a tour exploring our Collection created by Alayo Akinkugbe for Black History Month in 2020.
A Picture of Health
Learn about pioneers in medicine, health and social reform from 1840 to 1920.