Mary Berenson (née Smith)(1864-1945), Art historian; former wife of Frank Costelloe, and later wife of Bernard Berenson; daughter of Robert Pearsall Smith
Sitter associated with 75 portraits
by Unknown photographer
bromide copy print, 1883
- Bernard Berenson (husband)
- Benjamin Francis Conn ('Frank') Costelloe (husband)
- (Karin) Judith Henderson (née Stephen) (granddaughter)
- Guglielma ('Nellie') Pearsall Smith (sister)
- Alys Whitall Russell (née Pearsall Smith) (sister)
- Frank Whitall Smith (brother)
- Hannah Tatum Smith (née Whitall) (mother)
- (Lloyd) Logan Pearsall Smith (brother)
- Rachel ('Ray') Pearsall Smith (sister)
- Robert Pearsall Smith (father)
- Catherine Elizabeth Conn ('Karin') Stephen (née Costelloe) (daughter)
- Barbara Strachey (Hultin, later Halpern) (granddaughter)
- Christopher Strachey (grandson)
- Rachel Pearsall Conn ('Ray') Strachey (née Costelloe) (daughter)
- Ann Davies Synge (née Stephen) (granddaughter)
- John Mickle Whitall (grandfather)
- Mary Tatum Whitall (grandmother)
Visit From Your Armchair
Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize
An online exhibition celebrating the very best in contemporary portrait photography.
Explore our community photography project, which presents a personal record of the UK during lockdown.
Sculptures in 360°
See sculptures and fascinating objects from our Collection from all angles.
David Hockney: Drawing from Life
Watch highlights from our special exhibition, which had to close early in March 2020 due to lockdown.