Prince Alfred of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha(1874-1899), Only son of Prince Alfred, Duke of Edinburgh
Sitter in 8 portraits
by Hills & Saunders
albumen cabinet card, 1875
by Walter Stoneman
half-plate glass copy negative, copied January 1948 (April 1894)
by Lafayette, photogravure by Walker & Boutall
photogravure, 2 July 1897; published 1899
by Raphael Tuck & Sons
- Prince Leopold, Duke of Albany (uncle)
- Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (grandfather)
- Prince Alfred, Duke of Edinburgh and Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (father)
- Princess Alice, Grand Duchess of Hesse (aunt)
- Prince Arthur, 1st Duke of Connaught and Strathearn (uncle)
- Princess Beatrice of Battenberg (aunt)
- King Edward VII (uncle)
- Princess Helena Augusta Victoria of Schleswig-Holstein (aunt)
- Princess Louise Caroline Alberta, Duchess of Argyll (aunt)
- Queen Victoria (grandmother)
- Victoria, Empress of Germany and Queen of Prussia (aunt)
Listen to a series of podcasts exploring the lives of pioneering women, past and present.
William Eggleston was closely associated with the alternative music scene in Memphis. Revisit our 2016 exhibition and listen to a special playlist.
Links to audio and transcripts of interviews with artists, sitters and historic recordings.