Princess Amelia(1783-1810), Sixth daughter of George III
Sitter in 9 portraits
by Robert Graves, published by James Sprent Virtue, after John Singleton Copley
line engraving, (1785)
by James Gillray, published by Hannah Humphrey
hand-coloured etching, published 27 March 1792
by Robert Hicks, after William Marshall Craig
stipple engraving, published 1820
- Prince Adolphus Frederick, Duke of Cambridge (brother)
- Caroline Matilda, Queen of Denmark (aunt)
- Charlotte Augusta Matilda, Princess Royal (sister)
- Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz (mother)
- Princess Elizabeth, Landgravine of Hesse-Homburg (sister)
- Frederick, Duke of York and Albany (brother)
- King George III (father)
- King George IV (brother)
- Prince Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn (brother)
- Princess Mary, Duchess of Gloucester (sister)
- Princess Augusta Sophia (sister)
- Princess Sophia (sister)
Watch our playlist exploring scientific techniques used by the Gallery to unlock the secrets behind our Tudor portraits.
Subjects and themes
Search the collection by themes - from pets to weddings!
Black History Month
Take a tour exploring our Collection created by Alayo Akinkugbe for Black History Month in 2020.
A Picture of Health
Learn about pioneers in medicine, health and social reform from 1840 to 1920.