William Nevill, 1st Marquess of Abergavenny(1826-1915), Statesman
Sitter in 9 portraits
by Carlo Pellegrini
chromolithograph, published in Vanity Fair 26 June 1875
- Caroline (née Vanden-Bempde-Johnstone), Marchioness of Abergavenny (wife)
- Henry Gilbert Ralph Nevill, 3rd Marquess of Abergavenny (son)
- Caroline (née Leeke), Countess of Abergavenny (mother)
- Joan Marion (née Nevill), Marchioness of Camden (granddaughter)
- Rose Pepys (née Nevill), Countess of Cottenham (daughter)
Watch our playlist exploring scientific techniques used by the Gallery to unlock the secrets behind our Tudor portraits.
Subjects and themes
Search the collection by themes - from pets to weddings!
Black History Month
Take a tour exploring our Collection created by Alayo Akinkugbe for Black History Month in 2020.
A Picture of Health
Learn about pioneers in medicine, health and social reform from 1840 to 1920.