Lady Caroline Agar-Ellis (née Spencer), Viscountess Clifden(1763-1813), Wife of 2nd Viscount Clifden; daughter of 4th Duke of Marlborough
Sitter in 4 portraits
- George Agar-Ellis, 1st Baron Dover (son)
- Lady Diana Beauclerk (née Spencer) (aunt)
- Henry Welbore Agar-Ellis, 2nd Viscount Clifden (husband)
- Charles Spencer, 3rd Duke of Marlborough (grandfather)
- George Spencer, 4th Duke of Marlborough (father)
- Lady Caroline Spencer (née Russell), Duchess of Marlborough (mother)
- George Spencer-Churchill, 5th Duke of Marlborough (brother)
- George Spencer-Churchill, 6th Duke of Marlborough (nephew)
- Charlotte Nares (née Spencer) (sister)
- Elizabeth Herbert (née Spencer), Countess of Pembroke (aunt)
- Lord Charles Spencer (uncle)
- Lady Elizabeth Spencer (sister)
- Lord Henry John Spencer (brother)
- Lord Robert Spencer (uncle)
- Charles Spencer-Churchill (nephew)
Watch our playlist exploring scientific techniques used by the Gallery to unlock the secrets behind our Tudor portraits.
Subjects and themes
Search the collection by themes - from pets to weddings!
Black History Month
Take a tour exploring our Collection created by Alayo Akinkugbe for Black History Month in 2020.
A Picture of Health
Learn about pioneers in medicine, health and social reform from 1840 to 1920.