George Augustus Herbert, 11th Earl of Pembroke(1759-1827), Soldier
Sitter associated with 5 portraits
by John Dixon, after Sir Joshua Reynolds
mezzotint, published 11 September 1771
by (Isaac) Robert Cruikshank, published by George Humphrey
hand-coloured etching, published July 1824
by Frederick Bromley, published by Henry Graves, after Sir Joshua Reynolds
mezzotint, published 1862 (1764-1767)
- Mary Caroline (née Herbert), Marchioness of Ailesbury (daughter)
- Lady Diana Beauclerk (née Spencer) (aunt)
- Elizabeth (née Herbert), Countess of Clanwilliam (daughter)
- Catherine (née Herbert), Countess of Dunmore (daughter)
- Sidney Herbert, 1st Baron Herbert of Lea (son)
- Charles Spencer, 3rd Duke of Marlborough (grandfather)
- George Spencer, 4th Duke of Marlborough (uncle)
- Henry Herbert, 10th Earl of Pembroke (father)
- Elizabeth Herbert (née Beauclerk), Countess of Pembroke (wife)
- Robert Henry Herbert, 12th Earl of Pembroke (son)
- Elizabeth Herbert (née Spencer), Countess of Pembroke (mother)
- Lord Charles Spencer (uncle)
- Lord Robert Spencer (uncle)
- Emma (née Herbert), Viscountess de Vesci (daughter)
Watch our playlist exploring scientific techniques used by the Gallery to unlock the secrets behind our Tudor portraits.
Subjects and themes
Search the collection by themes - from pets to weddings!
Black History Month
Take a tour exploring our Collection created by Alayo Akinkugbe for Black History Month in 2020.
A Picture of Health
Learn about pioneers in medicine, health and social reform from 1840 to 1920.