Charles Grey, 1st Earl Grey(1729-1807), General
Sitter in 8 portraits
published by John Fairburn
hand-coloured etching, published circa 1832
- Lady Caroline Barrington (née Grey) (granddaughter)
- Lady Elizabeth Bulteel (née Grey) (granddaughter)
- Louisa Elizabeth (née Grey), Countess of Durham (granddaughter)
- Lady Hannah Althea Ellice (née Grey) (daughter)
- Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey (son)
- Hon. Francis Richard Grey (grandson)
- Sir Frederick William Grey (grandson)
- Sir George Grey, 1st Bt (son)
- Sir George Grey, 2nd Bt (grandson)
- Mary (née Grey), Viscountess Halifax (granddaughter)
- Lady Elizabeth Whitbread (née Grey) (daughter)
- Samuel Charles Whitbread (grandson)
Tudor and Elizabethan matching pairs
Test your memory by playing our matching pairs game. Three levels of difficulty make it fun for the whole family.
Regency familiar faces
Rearrange tiles to uncover sitters from the Gallery's Collection by playing our puzzle game.
Who do you think you were?
Answer a few lifestyle questions about the elizabethan period and discover your inner Elizabethan!