Emma Sophia (née Edgecumbe), Countess Brownlow(1791-1872), Third wife of John Cust, 1st Earl Brownlow; second daughter of Richard Edgcumbe, 2nd Earl of Mount Edgcumbe
Sitter in 3 portraits
by Henry Bone, after Unknown artist
pen and ink, 1799
- John Cust, 1st Earl Brownlow (husband)
- Lady Caroline Sophia Edgcumbe (sister)
- Richard Edgcumbe, 2nd Earl of Mount Edgcumbe (father)
- Lady Sophia Edgcumbe (née Hobart), Countess of Mount Edgcumbe (mother)
- Ernest Augustus Edgcumbe, 3rd Earl of Mount Edgcumbe (brother)
- William Richard Edgcumbe, Viscount Valletort (brother)
Develop your art skills
Discover our BP Next Generation short films made by artists. Follow step by step guides in drawing and painting techniques.
Hold Still photography workshop
Reflect on your own experiences of lockdown through this easy-to-do from home, photographic exercise.
Draw Like a Renaissance Master
Revisit The Encounter exhibition and learn about Renaissance and Baroque drawing methods and materials.