Philip Howard, 13th Earl of Arundel(1557-1595), Nobleman and Catholic martyr
Sitter associated with 3 portraits
by Cameron & Smith, after Unknown artist
photographic print, circa 1890 (early 17th century)
- Henry Fitzalan, 12th Earl of Arundel (grandfather)
- Anne Howard (née Dacre), Countess of Arundel (wife)
- Thomas Howard, 14th Earl of Arundel, 4th Earl of Surrey and 1st Earl of Norfolk (son)
- Henry Frederick Howard, 15th Earl of Arundel, 5th Earl of Surrey and 2nd Earl of Norfolk (grandson)
- William Howard, 1st Viscount Stafford (grandson)
Become a Member
Enjoy access to special events, discounts on the Gallery online shop, supporters’ updates and much more
Bringing people together by sharing the portraits and stories of the men and women who have shaped our nation.
Sign up to receive information on exhibitions, collections and activities of the National Portrait Gallery, including special offers, shop products, and exclusive competitions.