Mary Constance Charteris (née Wyndham), Countess of Wemyss(1862-1937), Hostess and member of the Souls; daughter of Hon. Percy Wyndham; wife of 11th Earl of Wemyss
Sitter in 3 portraits
by Unknown photographer
albumen carte-de-visite, 1860s-1870s
by Lady Ottoline Morrell
vintage snapshot print, 1925
by Bassano Ltd
whole-plate glass negative, 1908
- Madeline Pamela Constance Blanche Adeane (née Wyndham) (sister)
- Lady Cynthia Mary Evelyn Asquith (née Charteris) (daughter)
- Pamela Grey (née Wyndham, later Lady Glenconner), Viscountess Grey of Fallodon (sister)
- Hugo Richard Charteris, 11th Earl of Wemyss (husband)
- George Wyndham (brother)
- Guy Percy Wyndham (brother)
- Guy Richard Charles Wyndham (nephew)
- Madeline Caroline Frances Eden Wyndham (née Campbell) (mother)
- Olivia Madeline Grace Mary Wyndham (niece)
- Percy Scawen Wyndham (father)
Listen to a series of podcasts exploring the lives of pioneering women, past and present.
William Eggleston was closely associated with the alternative music scene in Memphis. Revisit our 2016 exhibition and listen to a special playlist.
Links to audio and transcripts of interviews with artists, sitters and historic recordings.