Marie Alexandrovna, Duchess of Edinburgh(1853-1920), Wife of Prince Alfred, Duke of Edinburgh; daughter of Alexander II, Tsar of Russia
Sitter in 23 portraits
by W. & D. Downey
albumen carte-de-visite, May 1874
by Hills & Saunders
albumen cabinet card, 1875
by Eduard Uhlenhuth
albumen cabinet card, 1880s
by T. Rimanoczy, printed by M & N Hanhart, published by John Mitchell, after Franz Backofen
lithograph, published 23 January 1874
- Alexander II, Emperor of Russia (father)
- Princess Alexandra of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (daughter)
- Alexei Alexandrovich, Grand Duke of Russia (brother)
- Prince Alfred, Duke of Edinburgh and Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (husband)
- Maria Alexandrovna, Empress of Russia (sister)
- Maria Alexandrovna, Empress of Russia (mother)
- Marie, Queen of Romania (daughter)
- Nicholas Alexandrovich, Tsarevich of Russia (brother)
- Victoria Melita, Grand Duchess of Russia (daughter)
Read our latest news and have your say.
Identify our Silhouettes
Join enthusiastic contributors who have already identified 155 sitters.
Tell us more about our Silvy sitters
Help us identify the sitters who visited Camille Silvy’s photographic studio during the 1860s.