Princess Charlotte Brabantine of Orange-Nassau, Duchess of Thouars(1580-1626), Wife of Claude de La Trémoille, duc de Thouars; mother of Charlotte, Countess of Derby
Sitter in 1 portrait
by William Derby, after Unknown artist
pencil, pen and ink, July 1835
- Lady Amelia-Anna-Sophia (née Stanley), Countess of Athol (granddaughter)
- Charles Stanley, 8th Earl of Derby (grandson)
- Catherine Pierrepont (née Stanley), Marchioness of Dorchester (granddaughter)
- Charlotte Stanley (née de La Trémoille), Countess of Derby (daughter)
- Henrietta Maria Wentworth (née Stanley), Countess of Strafford (granddaughter)
View a wide collection of video content on our YouTube channel from past projects to our latest films.
Artist and sitter interviews
Get insights into creating portraiture from BP Portrait Award 2020 artists and their sitters.
Watch our film created to say ‘goodbye’ to the Gallery before we closed for our major transformation project.