Lady Amelia-Anna-Sophia (née Stanley), Countess of Athol, Wife of 2nd Earl and 1st Marquis of Athol; daughter of 7th Earl of Derby
Sitter in 1 portrait
by Alfred Thomas Derby, after Mary Beale
pencil, pen and ink, 1839
- Anne Ker (née Stanley), Countess of Ancram (aunt)
- William Stanley, 6th Earl of Derby (grandfather)
- James Stanley, 7th Earl of Derby (father)
- Charles Stanley, 8th Earl of Derby (brother)
- William George Richard Stanley, 9th Earl of Derby (nephew)
- James Stanley, 10th Earl of Derby (nephew)
- Catherine Pierrepont (née Stanley), Marchioness of Dorchester (sister)
- Hon. Charles-Zedemo Stanley (nephew)
- Charlotte Stanley (née de La Trémoille), Countess of Derby (mother)
- Sir Robert Stanley (uncle)
- Hon. Robert-Thomas Stanley (nephew)
- Henrietta Maria Wentworth (née Stanley), Countess of Strafford (sister)
- Princess Charlotte Brabantine of Orange-Nassau, Duchess of Thouars (grandmother)
View a wide collection of video content on our YouTube channel from past projects to our latest films.
Artist and sitter interviews
Get insights into creating portraiture from BP Portrait Award 2020 artists and their sitters.
Watch our film created to say ‘goodbye’ to the Gallery before we closed for our major transformation project.