Frederick George Brabazon Ponsonby, 6th Earl of Bessborough(1815-1895), Politician and cricketer
Sitter associated with 3 portraits
by and published by Morris & Co
lithograph, late 19th century
by Sir Leslie Ward
chromolithograph, published in Vanity Fair 20 October 1888
Vanity Fair Panel no. 5 (includes John Francis Holcombe Read; Sir James Porter Corry, 1st Bt; Arthur Wellesley Peel, 1st Viscount Peel; Oscar Browning; Spencer Compton Cavendish, 8th Duke of Devonshire; Nathaniel Mayer ('Natty') de Rothschild, 1st Ba...)
by Liborio Prosperi ('Lib'), and Carlo Pellegrini, and Sir Leslie Ward, and 'Hay', and Théobald Chartran ('T')
chromolithographs pasted onto wooden panel, assembled from prints published 1881-1889
- Frederick Ponsonby, 3rd Earl of Bessborough (grandfather)
- Henrietta Frances ('Harriet') Ponsonby (née Spencer), Countess of Bessborough (grandmother)
- John William Ponsonby, 4th Earl of Bessborough (father)
- John Ponsonby, 5th Earl of Bessborough (brother)
- William Ponsonby, 1st Baron de Mauley (uncle)
- Lady Caroline Lamb (aunt)
- Sir Frederic Cavendish Ponsonby (uncle)
- Hon. Gerald Henry Brabazon Ponsonby (brother)
- Sir Spencer Cecil Brabazon Ponsonby-Fane (né Ponsonby) (brother)
Read our latest news and have your say.
Identify our Silhouettes
Join enthusiastic contributors who have already identified 155 sitters.
Tell us more about our Silvy sitters
Help us identify the sitters who visited Camille Silvy’s photographic studio during the 1860s.