Lord Alwyne Frederick Compton(1855-1911), Politician and army officer; son of 4th Marquess of Northampton
Sitter in 6 portraits
by London Stereoscopic & Photographic Company, photogravure by Walker & Boutall
photogravure, 1897; published 1899
by Sir Leslie Ward
chromolithograph, published in Vanity Fair 3 April 1902
by Camille Silvy
albumen print, 1860
- Charles John Spencer Compton, Earl Compton (brother)
- Alice Elizabeth Compton (sister)
- Katrine Cecilia (née Compton), Countess Cowper (sister)
- Lady Margaret Georgiana Graham (née Compton) (sister)
- Eliza (née Elliot), Marchioness of Northampton (mother)
- William Compton, 4th Marquess of Northampton (father)
- William George Spencer Scott Compton, 5th Marquess of Northampton (brother)
Listen to a series of podcasts exploring the lives of pioneering women, past and present.
William Eggleston was closely associated with the alternative music scene in Memphis. Revisit our 2016 exhibition and listen to a special playlist.
Links to audio and transcripts of interviews with artists, sitters and historic recordings.