Alice Anne Caroline (née Lambton), Countess of Morton(1831-1907), Royal courtier; second wife of 18th Earl of Morton; daughter of 1st Earl of Durham
Sitter in 1 portrait
by Camille Silvy
albumen print, 1860
- Lady Louisa Elizabeth Bruce (niece)
- Lady Emily Augusta Cavendish (née Lambton) (sister)
- John George Lambton, 1st Earl of Durham (father)
- Louisa Elizabeth (née Grey), Countess of Durham (mother)
- Lady Mary Louisa Bruce (née Lambton), Countess of Elgin and Kincardine (sister)
- Victor Alexander Bruce, 9th Earl of Elgin (nephew)
- Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey (grandfather)
- Hon. Francis Richard Grey (uncle)
- Sir Frederick William Grey (uncle)
- Charles William Lambton (brother)
- Sholto John Douglas, 18th Earl of Morton (husband)
Listen to a series of podcasts exploring the lives of pioneering women, past and present.
William Eggleston was closely associated with the alternative music scene in Memphis. Revisit our 2016 exhibition and listen to a special playlist.
Links to audio and transcripts of interviews with artists, sitters and historic recordings.