Georgina Gascoyne-Cecil (née Alderson), Marchioness of Salisbury(1827-1899), Wife of 3rd Marquess Salisbury; daughter of Sir Edward Hall Alderson
Sitter in 1 portrait
by Unknown photographer
albumen carte-de-visite, circa 1862
- Sir Edward Hall Alderson (father)
- Lady Gwendolen Cecil (daughter)
- Lord William Gascoyne-Cecil (son)
- Robert Arthur Talbot Gascoyne-Cecil, 3rd Marquess of Salisbury (husband)
- Beatrix Maud (née Cecil), Countess of Selborne (daughter)
Watch our playlist exploring scientific techniques used by the Gallery to unlock the secrets behind our Tudor portraits.
Subjects and themes
Search the collection by themes - from pets to weddings!
Black History Month
Take a tour exploring our Collection created by Alayo Akinkugbe for Black History Month in 2020.
A Picture of Health
Learn about pioneers in medicine, health and social reform from 1840 to 1920.