Elizabeth of York(1466-1503), Queen of Henry VII
Sitter associated with 24 portraits
The daughter of Edward IV, Elizabeth married Henry VII in 1486, thus uniting the Houses of York and Lancaster. She bore him seven children, four of whom survived infancy: Prince Arthur (1486-1502), Henry VIII (1491-1547), Margaret, Queen of Scotland (1489-1541), and Mary, Queen of France and subsequently Duchess of Suffolk (1496?-1533).
Watch a film clip on the sitter from the BBC Archive in the Media section below
- Arthur, Prince of Wales (son)
- Margaret, Duchess of Burgundy (aunt)
- King Edward IV (father)
- King Edward V (brother)
- King Edward VI (grandson)
- Elizabeth Woodville (mother)
- King Henry VII (husband)
- King Henry VIII (son)
- Margaret Tudor (daughter)
- Mary Tudor (daughter)
- King Richard III (uncle)
- Richard, Duke of York and Duke of Norfolk (brother)
- Richard Woodville, 1st Earl Rivers (grandfather)
- Richard of York, 3rd Duke of York (grandfather)
- Cecily (née Neville), Duchess of York (grandmother)
View a wide collection of video content on our YouTube channel from past projects to our latest films.
Artist and sitter interviews
Get insights into creating portraiture from BP Portrait Award 2020 artists and their sitters.
Watch our film created to say ‘goodbye’ to the Gallery before we closed for our major transformation project.