Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester(1900-1974), Son of George V
Sitter in 181 portraits
Third son of George V and Queen Mary, created Duke of Gloucester in 1928; joined the 10th Royal Hussars in 1921 and during the Second World War served as Chief Liaison Officer between the British and French armies in Europe and (from 1941) as second in command of the 20th Armoured Brigade.
by W. & D. Downey, published by J. Beagles & Co
by Edgar Wilkinson, for Wilkinson & Co, published by J. Beagles & Co
by Lafayette, published by Rotary Photographic Co Ltd
by William Edwin Sorrell, published by Rotary Photographic Co Ltd
- Queen Alexandra (grandmother)
- Princess Alexandra, Lady Ogilvy (niece)
- Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester (wife)
- King Edward VII (grandfather)
- Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor (King Edward VIII) (brother)
- Queen Elizabeth II (niece)
- King George V (father)
- King George VI (brother)
- Prince George, Duke of Kent (brother)
- George Henry Hubert Lascelles, 7th Earl of Harewood (nephew)
- Prince John (brother)
- Prince Edward George Nicholas Paul Patrick, Duke of Kent (nephew)
- Princess Margaret (niece)
- Queen Mary (mother)
- Princess Mary, Countess of Harewood (sister)
- Prince Michael of Kent (nephew)
- Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester (son)
- Alexander Patrick Gregers Richard Windsor, Earl of Ulster (grandson)
- Queen Victoria (grandmother)
- Prince William of Gloucester (son)
Tudor and Elizabethan matching pairs
Test your memory by playing our matching pairs game. Three levels of difficulty make it fun for the whole family.
Regency familiar faces
Rearrange tiles to uncover sitters from the Gallery's Collection by playing our puzzle game.
Who do you think you were?
Answer a few lifestyle questions about the Elizabethan period and discover your inner Elizabethan!