Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester(1900-1974), Son of George V
Sitter in 181 portraits
Third son of George V and Queen Mary, created Duke of Gloucester in 1928; joined the 10th Royal Hussars in 1921 and during the Second World War served as Chief Liaison Officer between the British and French armies in Europe and (from 1941) as second in command of the 20th Armoured Brigade.
published by Rotary Photographic Co Ltd, after Lafayette, and William Slade Stuart, and Unknown photographers
published by Rotary Photographic Co Ltd, after James Charles Dinham, and Lafayette, and Langfier Ltd, and William Slade Stuart, and Unknown photographer
by Ernest Brooks, published by J. Beagles & Co
by H.R. Wicks, for Bassano Ltd, published by J.J. Samuels Ltd
- Queen Alexandra (grandmother)
- Princess Alexandra, Lady Ogilvy (niece)
- Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester (wife)
- King Edward VII (grandfather)
- Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor (King Edward VIII) (brother)
- Queen Elizabeth II (niece)
- King George V (father)
- King George VI (brother)
- Prince George, Duke of Kent (brother)
- George Henry Hubert Lascelles, 7th Earl of Harewood (nephew)
- Prince John (brother)
- Prince Edward George Nicholas Paul Patrick, Duke of Kent (nephew)
- Princess Margaret (niece)
- Queen Mary (mother)
- Princess Mary, Countess of Harewood (sister)
- Prince Michael of Kent (nephew)
- Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester (son)
- Alexander Patrick Gregers Richard Windsor, Earl of Ulster (grandson)
- Queen Victoria (grandmother)
- Prince William of Gloucester (son)
Make a donation
Support our Make History appeal and help us transform the Gallery.
A unique range of books, accessories and gifts. Every purchase supports the Gallery’s work.
Bring a familiar face home
Refresh your home gallery with a huge selection of custom art prints .