Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester(1900-1974), Son of George V
Sitter in 181 portraits
Third son of George V and Queen Mary, created Duke of Gloucester in 1928; joined the 10th Royal Hussars in 1921 and during the Second World War served as Chief Liaison Officer between the British and French armies in Europe and (from 1941) as second in command of the 20th Armoured Brigade.
by Ernest Brooks, published by J. Beagles & Co
bromide postcard print, circa 1910
published by Rotary Photographic Co Ltd, after Langfier Ltd, and James Charles Dinham, and Lafayette, and Unknown photographer
bromide postcard print, published 1910s
12 x 10 inch glass plate negative, 28 February 1922
- Queen Alexandra (grandmother)
- Princess Alexandra, Lady Ogilvy (niece)
- Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester (wife)
- King Edward VII (grandfather)
- Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor (King Edward VIII) (brother)
- Queen Elizabeth II (niece)
- King George V (father)
- King George VI (brother)
- Prince George, Duke of Kent (brother)
- George Henry Hubert Lascelles, 7th Earl of Harewood (nephew)
- Prince John (brother)
- Prince Edward George Nicholas Paul Patrick, Duke of Kent (nephew)
- Princess Margaret (niece)
- Queen Mary (mother)
- Princess Mary, Countess of Harewood (sister)
- Prince Michael of Kent (nephew)
- Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester (son)
- Alexander Patrick Gregers Richard Windsor, Earl of Ulster (grandson)
- Queen Victoria (grandmother)
- Prince William of Gloucester (son)
Read our latest news and have your say.
Identify our Silhouettes
Join enthusiastic contributors who have already identified 155 sitters.
Tell us more about our Silvy sitters
Help us identify the sitters who visited Camille Silvy’s photographic studio during the 1860s.