Princess Alice of Greece and Denmark(1885-1969), Wife of Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark; mother of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
Sitter in 26 portraits
by Bassano Ltd
half-plate film negative, 20 November 1947
by Bassano Ltd
bromide print, 20 November 1947
by Raphael Tuck & Sons
- Princess Alice, Grand Duchess of Hesse (grandmother)
- Prince Andrew of Greece (husband)
- Prince Andrew, Duke of York (grandson)
- Princess Anne (granddaughter)
- Princess Cecilie, Hereditary Grand Duchess of Hesse and by Rhine (daughter)
- Prince Charles (grandson)
- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (son)
- Prince Edward Antony Richard Louis, Earl of Wessex (grandson)
- Louis IV, Grand Duke of Hesse and by Rhine (grandfather)
- Louis Alexander Mountbatten, 1st Marquess of Milford Haven (Prince Louis of Battenburg) (father)
- Queen Louise of Sweden (née Lady Louise Alexandra Marie Irene Mountbatten) (sister)
- Margarita, Princess of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (daughter)
- George Louis Victor Henry Sergius Mountbatten, 2nd Marquess of Milford Haven (brother)
- Louis Mountbatten, Earl Mountbatten of Burma (brother)
- Sophie, Princess George William of Hanover (daughter)
- Theodora, Margravine of Baden (daughter)
- Princess Victoria Alberta Elisabeth Mathilde Marie (née Princess of Hesse), Marchioness of Milford-Haven (mother)
Watch our playlist exploring scientific techniques used by the Gallery to unlock the secrets behind our Tudor portraits.
Subjects and themes
Search the collection by themes - from pets to weddings!
Black History Month
Take a tour exploring our Collection created by Alayo Akinkugbe for Black History Month in 2020.
A Picture of Health
Learn about pioneers in medicine, health and social reform from 1840 to 1920.