Photograph © National Portrait Gallery, London
by Ivor Roberts-Jones
bronze head, 1967
11 1/4 in. x 8 5/8 in. (286 mm x 220 mm) overall
Sitterback to top
- Yehudi Menuhin, Baron Menuhin (1916-1999), Violinist, conductor and philanthropist. Sitter in 45 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 427
Events of 1967back to top
Current affairsHarold Wilson decides to devalue the pound by nearly 15% in order to ' break out from the straitjacket' of boom and bust economics. The decision was controversial and prompted Wilson to reassure the public that the 'pound in your pocket' would not be worth any less.
Art and scienceThe Beatles release Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, with a record sleeve designed by pop artist, Peter Blake. The band's musical experimentation and colourful new look was an example of psychedelic, and the LP is often regarded as one of the first concept albums.
InternationalChe Guevara is captured and executed in Bolivia. The guerrilla leader and revolutionary icon was hunted down by the CIA and captured and shot by Bolivian Special Forces. He had been leading Bolivian insurgents in an attempt to overthrow the government.
- Only Connect - Michael Tippet <> Yehudi Menuhin
- Only Connect - Yehudi Menuhin <> Michael Tippet
- Only Connect - Yehudi Menuhin <> Edward Elgar
- Only Connect - Yehudi Menuhin <> Eric Fenby
- Only Connect - Yehudi Menuhin <> Frederic Delius
- Only Connect - Yehudi Menuhin <> Priaulx Rainier
- Only Connect
- Only Connect - installation video