17 of 314 portraits matching these criteria:
- subject matching 'Science, appliance and technology - Photography and film'
by Derry Moore, 12th Earl of Drogheda
colour print, 1988
13 1/4 in. x 11 1/2 in. (336 mm x 294 mm)
Sitterback to top
- Sir Peter Thomas Blake (1932-), Painter. Sitter in 15 portraits, Artist of 1 portrait.
Artistback to top
- Derry Moore, 12th Earl of Drogheda (1937-), Photographer. Artist of 45 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 60
Placesback to top
- Place made and portrayed: United Kingdom: England, London (sitter's studio, London)
Subjects & Themesback to top
Events of 1988back to top
Current affairsA Pan Am jumbo jet is brought down by a bomb over Lockerbie in Scotland, killing 259 passengers and 11 people on the ground. The Dumfries and Galloway Constabulary launched Britain's largest criminal investigation before convicting a Libyan intelligence officer of planting the bomb.
Art and scienceProfessor Stephen Hawking publishes his popular book on cosmology, A Brief History Of Time.
Damien Hirst and his fellow Goldsmiths students organise the exhibition Freeze in a disused block in the Docklands. The exhibition launched the careers of many of the young British artists (YBAs) associated with Brit Art including Gary Hume, Michael Landy, Sarah Lucas, Angus Fairhurst, and Anya Gallaccio.