2 of 2 portraits of Kelly Holmes
by Harry Borden
bromide fibre print, 22 February 2005
15 in. x 15 in. (380 mm x 380 mm)
Sitterback to top
- Dame Kelly Holmes (1970-), Middle distance runner; Olympian. Sitter in 2 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Harry Borden (1965-), Photographer. Artist of 116 portraits, Sitter in 4 portraits.
This portraitback to top
Photographed at Bettina von Zwehl's studio, Hackney. Commissioned for use on the autobiography; Kelly Holmes: Black, White and Gold (2005)
Placesback to top
- Place made: United Kingdom: England, London (Bettina von Zwehl's studio, Hackney, London)
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- Sporting Lives: Contemporary Portraits of Athletes and Olympians (12 July 2008 - 11 January 2009)
Events of 2005back to top
Current affairsLondon suffers its worst bomb attack since the Second World War when four devices are detonated during rush hour on public transport. Three of the bombs went off on tube trains, and one on a bus killing 56 people and injuring 700. A Leeds-based terror cell of British born or raised Islamic extremists committed the attacks.
John Sentamu becomes the first black Archbishop of the Church of England.
Art and scienceAs part of the international Make Poverty History campaign, ten Live 8 concerts are held simultaneously around the world to coincide with the meeting of the G8 and persuade the world's richest countries to 'drop the debt' owed by the world's poorest countries, increase aid to the world's poorest people and negotiate fairer international trade rules.
International1,836 die in America as a result of Hurricane Katrina and the subsequent flooding. The hurricane was the most costly in US history and one of the most deadly. It caused the levees of Lake Pontchartrain to break, which flooded 80% of New Orleans. About one million people evacuated the city while 25,000 stayed behind, many taking refuge in the city's Superdome.
Read our latest news and have your say.
Identify our Silhouettes
Join enthusiastic contributors who have already identified 155 sitters.
Tell us more about our Silvy sitters
Help us identify the sitters who visited Camille Silvy’s photographic studio during the 1860s.
- A Question of Identity: Self-Portrait Photographs 1850-2000
- Harry Borden on Business
- First Showing
- Bright Young Things: 13 Under 30
- Hold Still: Explore our Collection
- Management today, Management tomorrow
- Athletes and Olympians
- Garage & Grime Musicians
- Photographic Portraits of Contemporary Designers
- Reviewers Revealed: Celebrating the TLS Centenary
Tell us more
Framed & unframed prints
Choose your favourite portrait from our Collection as a framed or unframed print for your home.