The Royal Family
1 portrait by Patrick Lichfield
The Royal Family
by Patrick Lichfield
giclée colour print, October 1967
16 in. x 12 in. (405 mm x 304 mm) image size
Given by Thomas Patrick John Anson, 5th Earl of Lichfield, 2003 in conjunction with the exhibition 'Lichfield: the early years 1962-1982'
Artistback to top
- Thomas Patrick John Anson, 5th Earl of Lichfield (1939-2005), Photographer. Artist or producer associated with 60 portraits, Sitter in 30 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- Prince Andrew, Duke of York (1960-), Second son of Queen Elizabeth II. Sitter associated with 38 portraits, Artist or producer of 5 portraits. Identify
- Princess Anne (1950-), Equestrian; Olympian; Princess Royal and daughter of Queen Elizabeth II. Sitter in 129 portraits. Identify
- King Charles III (1948-), King regnant. Sitter in 170 portraits. Identify
- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (1921-2021), Consort of Elizabeth II. Sitter associated with 219 portraits. Identify
- Prince Edward Antony Richard Louis, Earl of Wessex (1964-), Third son of Queen Elizabeth II. Sitter in 32 portraits. Identify
- Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022), Reigned 1952-2022. Sitter associated with 972 portraits. Identify
Linked publicationsback to top
Subjects & Themesback to top
Events of 1967back to top
Current affairsHarold Wilson decides to devalue the pound by nearly 15% in order to ' break out from the straitjacket' of boom and bust economics. The decision was controversial and prompted Wilson to reassure the public that the 'pound in your pocket' would not be worth any less.
Art and scienceThe Beatles release Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, with a record sleeve designed by pop artist, Peter Blake. The band's musical experimentation and colourful new look was an example of psychedelic, and the LP is often regarded as one of the first concept albums.
InternationalChe Guevara is captured and executed in Bolivia. The guerrilla leader and revolutionary icon was hunted down by the CIA and captured and shot by Bolivian Special Forces. He had been leading Bolivian insurgents in an attempt to overthrow the government.
- The Face of Monarchy
- The Queen's Golden Jubilee
- NPG D48090 in 360°
- Artists and sitters
- Kings and Queens: A Family tree
- Britain 1960-1990
- Yousuf Karsh
- Anthony Buckley
- 150 Years: The National Portrait Gallery
- Commonwealth Trail
- Spotlight: Queen Elizabeth II
- Diana, Princess of Wales
- Icons and Idols: Commissioning Contemporary Portraits
- The commissioning process
- Mario Testino: New Acquisitions
- Lichfield: The Early Years
- Athletes and Olympians
- Beatles to Bowie: the 60s exposed