1 portrait of Jack Bruce
by Robert Whitaker
cibachrome print, 1968
16 in. x 11 in. (407 mm x 281 mm)
Sitterback to top
- Jack Bruce (1943-2014), Musician, composer, singer and guitarist. Sitter in 1 portrait.
Artistback to top
- Robert Whitaker (1939-2011), Photographer. Artist of 15 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
Linked publicationsback to top
- , p. 165
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 84
- Whitaker, Robert, Beatles to Bowie: the 60s exposed, 2009 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 15 October 2009 - 24 January 2010), p. 165
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- Beatles to Bowie: the 60s exposed (15 October 2009 - 24 January 2010)
Events of 1968back to top
Current affairsEnoch Powell delivers his 'Rivers of Blood' speech in Birmingham in opposition to anti-discrimination legislation and immigration from the commonwealth. The speech is usually regarded as racist and blamed for stirring up racial prejudice. Powell was sacked from the shadow cabinet as a result, but received considerable public approval at the time for his views.
Fay Sislin becomes England first black woman police officer.