© reserved; collection National Portrait Gallery, London
by Hal Hanscombe
modern bromide print, 1955
11 3/8 in. x 15 3/8 in. (290 mm x 392 mm)
Sittersback to top
- Danny Green (1903-1973), Actor. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Sir Alec Guinness (1914-2000), Actor. Sitter associated with 33 portraits.
- Katie Jane Johnson (1879-1957), Actress. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Herbert Lom (Herbert Schluderpacheru) (1917-2012), Actor. Sitter in 3 portraits.
- Cecil Parker (Cecil Schawbe) (1897-1971), Actor. Sitter in 5 portraits.
- Richard Henry ('Peter') Sellers (1925-1980), Actor and photographer. Sitter in 15 portraits.
This portraitback to top
The success of Kind Hearts and Coronets led to a number of further Ealing Comedy roles for Guinness, including The Lavender Hill Mob, The Man in the White Suit, and The Ladykillers,. He is seen here (top left), with (back row left to right) Danny Green and Cecil Parker and (front row left to right) Herbert Lom, Katie Johnson and Peter Sellers.
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- Centenaries and Centenarians (5 February 2000 - 11 August 2000)