Shakespeare & Company
1 portrait of Fahrid Murray Abraham
Shakespeare & Company
by Mark Seliger
C-type colour print, 2006
18 3/4 in. x 28 in. (475 mm x 710 mm) image size
Given by Mark Seliger, 2009
Sittersback to top
- Fahrid Murray Abraham (1939-), Actor. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Morven Christie (1979-), Actress. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Dame Judith Olivia ('Judi') Dench (1934-), Actress. Sitter in 13 portraits.
- Rupert Evans (1977-), Actor. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- William Houston (1968-), Actor. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Chukwudi Iwuji (1975-), Actor. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Claire Lautier (1969-), Actress. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Sir Ian Murray McKellen (1939-), Actor. Sitter in 20 portraits.
- Patrick Stewart (1832-1865), Soldier. Sitter in 2 portraits.
- Greg Vinkler, Actor. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Dame Harriet Mary Walter (1950-), Actress. Sitter in 2 portraits.
Events of 2006back to top
Current affairsThe Loans for Peerages affair erupts after four businessmen who gave unpublished loans to the Labour Party are nominated for peerages. The scandal revealed a legal loophole: while political parties must declare all large donations, they were not required to declare loans. This led the Police to investigate whether the parties had broken the 1925 Honours (Prevention of Abuses) Act, and to Lord Levy and Tony Blair.
Art and scienceA year of blockbuster exhibitions including Modernism at the Victoria and Albert Museum, a Surrealism exhibition at the Haywood Gallery, Michaelangelo Drawings at the British Museum, Valezqueth at the National Gallery, Rodin at the Royal Academy, Holbein at Tate Britain, and David Hockney Portraits at the National Portrait Gallery.
InternationalFollowing the kidnapping of two Israeli Soldiers by Lebanese Hezbollah militants, Israel launches a heavy artillery attack and ground invasion on Lebanon. In response Hezbollah launched rockets into northern Israel and engaged the Israeli Defence Forces in guerrilla warfare. The conflict ended after claiming over 1500 lives - mostly Lebanese civilians - with a UN resolution calling for Hezbollah's disarmament and Israel's withdrawal of troops from Lebanon.
Tell us more
Framed & unframed prints