O Yes! O Yes! O Yes!
O Yes! O Yes! O Yes!
by John ('HB') Doyle, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 6 December 1831
16 3/8 in. x 11 1/4 in. (415 mm x 286 mm) overall
acquired unknown source, 1900
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- Henry Brougham, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux (1778-1868), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 280 portraits. Identify
- John Scott, 1st Earl of Eldon (1751-1838), Lord Chancellor. Sitter in 142 portraits. Identify
- Ernest Augustus, Duke of Cumberland and King of Hanover (1771-1851), Son of George III. Sitter in 85 portraits. Identify
- George V, King of Hanover (1819-1878), Reigned Hanover 1851-66. Sitter in 6 portraits. Identify
- Joseph Hume (1777-1855), Doctor and politician; MP for Aberdeen Burghs, Middlesex and Montrose Burghs. Sitter associated with 75 portraits. Identify
- Sir Robert Peel, 2nd Bt (1788-1850), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 323 portraits. Identify
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (1769-1852), Field Marshal and Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 640 portraits. Identify
- Sir Charles Wetherell (1770-1846), Politician and lawyer. Sitter associated with 36 portraits. Identify
- James Stuart-Wortley-Mackenzie, 1st Baron Wharncliffe (1776-1845), Statesman. Sitter associated with 13 portraits. Identify
Events of 1831back to top
Current affairsParliamentary Reform Bill is rejected by the House of Lords prompting riots in Nottingham, Derby and Bristol.
Art and scienceMichael Faraday demonstrates electromagnetic induction.
Death of Lady Sarah Ponsonby, last of the famous Ladies of Llangollen who attracted many of the leading names in art and literature to visit them at their home in Plas Newydd, Wales.
Opening of New London Bridge, designed by John Rennie.
InternationalViolinist Niccolo Paganini arrives in England from Italy and embarks on a six month tour of the country after astonishing London audiences with his virtuoso performances.
Revolutionary outbreaks in Modena, Parma and the Papal States influenced by the July Revolution in France the previous year.
Tell us more
Framed & unframed prints