2 of 7 portraits of Rod Stewart
by (Dezider) Dezo Hoffmann
modern bromide print, 1964
14 1/4 in. x 13 7/8 in. (362 mm x 353 mm) image size
Given by Rex Features Ltd, 2009
Sittersback to top
- Brian Auger (1939-), Musician. Sitter in 2 portraits. Identify
- Long John Baldry (1941-2005), Musician. Sitter in 2 portraits. Identify
- Julie Driscoll (later Tippetts) (1947-), Singer and actress. Sitter in 3 portraits, Artist of 1 portrait. Identify
- Roderick David ('Rod') Stewart (1945-), Singer, songwriter and member of 'Faces'. Sitter in 7 portraits. Identify
Artistback to top
- (Dezider) Dezo Hoffmann (1912-1986), Photographer, photojournalist and cameraman. Artist associated with 16 portraits.
Events of 1964back to top
Current affairsHarold Wilson narrowly wins the general election for the Labour Party, the first of his four election victories.
Peter Allen and Gwynne Evans become the last people to be executed in the United Kingdom before capital punishment was abolished in 1965.
The Sun newspaper replaces the Daily Herald.
Art and scienceTop of the Pops begins its rein as the longest running television music show. The first broadcast was presented by Jimmy Savile and included the Rolling Stones, Dusty Springfield, The Hollies and The Beatles, who were the show's first number 1 with I Want to Hold Your Hand.
InternationalThe Civil Rights Act is passed in the USA, outlawing discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex or national origin. The Act abolished the 'Jim Crow Laws' in the Southern States, making forced segregation illegal.
After spending two years in prison Nelson Mandela is sentenced to Life in Prison for the crimes of sabotage and crimes equivalent to treason against the Republic of South Africa.
Read our latest news and have your say.
Identify our Silhouettes
Join enthusiastic contributors who have already identified 155 sitters.
Tell us more about our Silvy sitters
Help us identify the sitters who visited Camille Silvy’s photographic studio during the 1860s.
Tell us more
Framed & unframed prints