10 of 115 portraits matching these criteria:
- set matching 'London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics'
by Brian Griffin
archival pigment print, 2 February 2010
36 in. x 27 in. (914 mm x 685 mm) overall
Commissioned jointly with BT for Road to 2012, 2011
Sitterback to top
- Tessa Jane Helen Douglas Jowell (née Palmer), Baroness Jowell (1947-2018), Labour politician; MP for Dulwich and West Norwood and Minister for the Olympics, 2012. Sitter in 3 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Brian Griffin (1948-), Photographer. Artist of 36 portraits, Sitter in 3 portraits.
This portraitback to top
Griffin was commissioned to photograph key figures associated with the London 2012 bid. Jowell was photographed in a Cabinet Office in London. Chronicling boardroom and building site, Griffin’s photographs inject surrealism and humour into the world of corporate imagery.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Nairne, Sandy (foreword) Rake, Michael (foreword) Coe, Sebastian (introduction) McClure, Richard (photographers' profiles) Smith, Liz (appreciation) McClure, Richard and Braybon, Anne (appreciation), Road to 2012: Stories Behind the Olympic Games, 2012 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 20 July - 26 September 2010, 25 July - 25 September 2011 and 19 July - 23 September 2012), p. 54
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- Creative Connections 2015: Camden Radical Characters (1 July 2015 - 11 October 2015)
Portrait setback to top
View a wide collection of video content on our YouTube channel from past projects to our latest films.
Artist and sitter interviews
Get insights into creating portraiture from BP Portrait Award 2020 artists and their sitters.
Watch our film created to say ‘goodbye’ to the Gallery before we closed for our major transformation project.
Tell us more
Framed & unframed prints
Choose your favourite portrait from our Collection as a framed or unframed print for your home.