25 of 115 portraits matching these criteria:
- set matching 'London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics'
- 'Image on website'
by Bettina von Zwehl
C-type colour print, 18 May 2010
22 in. x 18 in. (559 mm x 458 mm) sight
Commissioned jointly with BT for Road to 2012, 2011
Sitterback to top
- Nathan Stephens (1988-), Javelin and discus thrower; Paralympian. Sitter in 1 portrait.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Nairne, Sandy (foreword) Rake, Michael (foreword) Coe, Sebastian (introduction) McClure, Richard (photographers' profiles) Smith, Liz (appreciation) McClure, Richard and Braybon, Anne (appreciation), Road to 2012: Stories Behind the Olympic Games, 2012 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 20 July - 26 September 2010, 25 July - 25 September 2011 and 19 July - 23 September 2012), p. 115
Placesback to top
- Place made and portrayed: United Kingdom: Wales, Vale of Glamorgan (Barry Island, Vale of Glamorgan, Wales)
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- Road to 2012: Aiming High (19 July 2012 - 23 September 2012)
Portrait setback to top
Become a Member
Enjoy access to special events, discounts on the Gallery online shop, supporters’ updates and much more
Bringing people together by sharing the portraits and stories of the men and women who have shaped our nation.
Sign up to receive information on exhibitions, collections and activities of the National Portrait Gallery, including special offers, shop products, and exclusive competitions.
Tell us more
Framed & unframed prints
Choose your favourite portrait from our Collection as a framed or unframed print for your home.