2 of 626 portraits matching these criteria:
- subject matching 'Dancing'
by Unknown artist
stipple, 1814 or before
Events of 1814back to top
Current affairsPrincess Caroline leaves England for a lengthy series of travels in Europe and the Middle East. Scandalous gossip promptly surrounds her relationship with her Italian valet, Count Bartholomew Bergami.
George, Prince Regent, hosts a visit of the victorious allies to England with spectacular celebrations and fireworks at Carlton House.
Art and scienceJohn Soane completes the construction of Dulwich Picture Gallery.
First steam printing machine in the world is used to publish The Times.
New Royal Mint opens at Tower Hill with improved precision machinery.
Grand Western Canal completed from Loudwell to Tiverton.
InternationalParis falls under allied attack; Napoleon sent into exile on Elba.
Force of British veterans lands at Chesapeake Bay, defeats Americans at Bladensburg and burns parts of Washington DC.
Peace treaty signed with Americans in Ghent. General Pakenham is killed leading attack on New Orleans before news of the peace reaches America.
- Searching for Shakespeare
- Brilliant Women
- Popular Prints of Victoria and Albert
- Nelson: before and after Trafalgar
- Making History: Printed Portraiture in Tudor and Stuart Britain
- Gunpowder, Treason and Plot
- Chartist Portraits
- Silhouettes display, 2004-05
- William Hazlitt's Spirit of the Age
- Return to Life: A New Look at the Portrait Bust
- Restoration Lives: Samuel Pepys and His Circle
- Theodore de Mayerne
- Mary, Queen of Scots: Fact and Fiction
- Escape to Eden
- Mary, Queen of Scots
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Art Conservation Project
- Rebel women
- 2019 Anniversaries
- Tudor and Elizabethan matching pairs