6 of 6 portraits of Richard Westall
by Unknown artist
9 3/4 in. x 7 5/8 in. (250 mm x 196 mm)
Purchased with help from the Friends of the National Libraries and the Pilgrim Trust, 1966
Sitterback to top
- Richard Westall (1765-1836), History painter. Sitter in 6 portraits, Artist associated with 13 portraits.
View a wide collection of video content on our YouTube channel from past projects to our latest films.
Artist and sitter interviews
Get insights into creating portraiture from BP Portrait Award 2020 artists and their sitters.
Watch our film created to say ‘goodbye’ to the Gallery before we closed for our major transformation project.
- Mad, Bad and Dangerous: The Cult of Lord Byron
- William Hazlitt's Spirit of the Age
- Searching for Shakespeare
- Brilliant Women
- Popular Prints of Victoria and Albert
- Nelson: before and after Trafalgar
- Making History: Printed Portraiture in Tudor and Stuart Britain
- Gunpowder, Treason and Plot
- Chartist Portraits
- Silhouettes display, 2004-05
- Return to Life: A New Look at the Portrait Bust
- Restoration Lives: Samuel Pepys and His Circle
- Theodore de Mayerne
- Mary, Queen of Scots: Fact and Fiction
- Mary, Queen of Scots
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Art Conservation Project
- Rebel women
- 2019 Anniversaries
- Tudor and Elizabethan matching pairs
Tell us more
Framed & unframed prints