by John Goto
MicroPiezo print, 1999-2000
38 3/8 in. x 91 3/4 in. (975 mm x 2330 mm) sight
Sittersback to top
- (William) Eric Anderson (1936-), Chairman of the Heritage Lottery Fund. Sitter in 1 portrait. Identify
- Drue Heinz (1915-2018), Philanthropist and writer. Sitter in 3 portraits. Identify
- Sir (Philip) Christopher Ondaatje (1933-), Financier, writer, philanthropist and patron of the arts. Sitter in 3 portraits. Identify
- Nathaniel Charles Jacob Rothschild, 4th Baron Rothschild (1936-), Financier and patron of the arts. Sitter in 6 portraits. Identify
- Vanni Emanuele Treves (1940-), Lawyer. Sitter in 1 portrait. Identify
- Garfield Howard ('Garry') Weston (1927-2002), Businessman. Sitter in 1 portrait. Identify
- Leonard Gordon Wolfson, Lord Wolfson (1927-2010), Businessman and patron of the arts. Sitter in 2 portraits. Identify
Placesback to top
- Place made and portrayed: United Kingdom: England, London (National Portrait Gallery, London)
Events of 1999back to top
Current affairsFollowing referendums in 1997, The Scottish Parliament is opened and Welsh Assembly established in 1999. The new Scottish Parliament has the powers to pass legislation and alter tax. The Welsh Assembly currently has less legislative authority but controls a budget for Wales and can amend legislation passed by Westminster.
The House of Lords Act removes all but 92 Hereditary Lords from the second chamber.